Body parts? We prefer "anatomy models"
Assignment CalculatorThe Assignment Calculator breaks down research and writing projects into manageable steps based on your due dates. Each step includes hints and "how-to" links. You can also sign up to get text reminders for each step.
Mindmeister Online Mind MappingMind mapping is a powerful technique that helps you visualize your thoughts and communicate them to others. What’s more, mind mapping encourages a free flow of ideas, which makes it the ideal format for brainstorming and creative problem solving sessions.
• Encourages students to use neutral terminology to retrieve the most objective and relevant sources.
• Directs students to seek a balanced understanding of their research topic by consulting a variety of sources.
• Reminds students to make use of a variety of source types and background resources to fully understand their research topic.
• Includes strategies for locating related sources and other avenues of research.
• Encourages students to seek out multiple sources of information in order to gain a fuller understanding of their research topic
• Reminds students not to analyze information in isolation. Instead, students are encouraged to make connections between sources to get a sense of the full picture.
• Illustrates the process of synthesizing information from multiple research sources.
• Includes a discussion about the purpose of background sources such as encyclopedias in building a student's understanding of a concept and its themes.
• Outlines the purposes and characteristics of paraphrased and summarized statements and direct quotes.
• After watching this video, students will be able to select the most appropriate method of presenting information based on their assembled sources and assignment requirements.