It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Body parts? We prefer "anatomy models"
Assignment CalculatorThe Assignment Calculator breaks down research and writing projects into manageable steps based on your due dates. Each step includes hints and "how-to" links. You can also sign up to get text reminders for each step.
Mindmeister Online Mind MappingMind mapping is a powerful technique that helps you visualize your thoughts and communicate them to others. What’s more, mind mapping encourages a free flow of ideas, which makes it the ideal format for brainstorming and creative problem solving sessions.
• Encourages students to use neutral terminology to retrieve the most objective and relevant sources.
• Directs students to seek a balanced understanding of their research topic by consulting a variety of sources.
• Reminds students to make use of a variety of source types and background resources to fully understand their research topic.
• Includes strategies for locating related sources and other avenues of research.
• Encourages students to seek out multiple sources of information in order to gain a fuller understanding of their research topic
• Reminds students not to analyze information in isolation. Instead, students are encouraged to make connections between sources to get a sense of the full picture.
• Illustrates the process of synthesizing information from multiple research sources.
• Includes a discussion about the purpose of background sources such as encyclopedias in building a student's understanding of a concept and its themes.
• Outlines the purposes and characteristics of paraphrased and summarized statements and direct quotes.
• After watching this video, students will be able to select the most appropriate method of presenting information based on their assembled sources and assignment requirements.