What is ARCHE?
- ARCHE is the acronym for the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education.
- Members include 20 public and private colleges and universities in the Atlanta region.
- The libraries of these institutions collaborate to share their vast collections of eligible library materials via GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan.
- GGC students, faculty, and staff may request an ARCHE card for a specific ARCHE library that will enable them to visit that library and check out materials and return them there.
- This is a privilege granted by the home library for a specific period of time, for a specific purpose.
How do I get an ARCHE card?
- Come to the Circulation Desk in the Kaufman Library.
- Present your Claw Card and specify which ARCHE library you will be visiting.
- You will be issued the appropriate Student or Faculty/Staff ARCHE Card.
- Be sure to sign the card and add your local address.
- Your GGC I. D.# (your 9000 or 9001#) must also be on the card.
- Your library account must be in good standing (no fines/fees, blocks, overdues, or lost status items) to get an ARCHE card.
How do I check out materials at the ARCHE library I've chosen?
- Present your ARCHE and Claw Cards at the ARCHE library.
- Follow all rules and regulations at the ARCHE library. These may include limits on the number and types of items that may be checked out.
- Faculty members are not entitled to special privileges or extended loan periods at other institutions.
When does my ARCHE card expire?
- GGC Students: At the end of the current semester.
- GGC Faculty/Staff: One year after the card is issued.